Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. Life is worth the living just because He lives!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Life Saver!

Hello All,

As some of you know my New Years Resolution for this year was to go an ENTIRE YEAR!! without eating ANY sugar! (Ha Ha, I can just hear Payton and Angelica laughing at me right now.) So far I have gone a whole six months without one itsy bitsy teeny tiny grain of sugar. Yay for me!

But today Olivia made some peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses on the top. *mouth waters* It was so cruel! I decided I just couldn't take it any longer! I marched over to that batch of cookies, took a big sniff, and reached for delicious, precious, beautiful cookie. Stopping dead in my tracks I thought to myself "Juliana, you are pathetic! Your quiting after six long months for a nasty, gross, awful little peanut butter cookie?!"

Fully ashamed of myself I retreated from the horrible, delicious smelling kitchen. What was I going to do with myself? I had six more looonnnngggg months to go.

Alas, and idea! Sugar free cookies! What a genious am I? (Ha ha, yeah right. My cousins have been trying to get me to eat sugar free cookies for months now. But cautious little me doesn't trust anyone but herself when it comes to sugarless foods.) So I raced to my computer and searched "sugar free cookies". And what did I find? - My new best friend! I found a blogger who had decided to make her New Years Resolution to go a whole year without sugar! HA!

I spent quite a long time reading through her blog. She had recipe after recipe of sugarless cookies/cakes/candies. My life has been saved (well, the next six months of my life, anyway.)!

So at this very moment I am making my first sugarless batch of cookies. I'll let you all know how they turn out. Ooh, oven timer just went off. Ta ta for now!

Check out www.myyearwithout.blogspot.com

Until next time,
Juliana.

No comments:

Post a Comment