Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. Life is worth the living just because He lives!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Somethin'...

This is a poem I wrote for a friend a few weeks ago. Thought I'd share it here....


I know He lives and loves
And that should be enough
But things get dark and cold
Life's frightening and tough

My life is always filled with trials
The hard times never cease
Each day is a challenge
I don't feel calm or ease

The heartaches are of plenty
I often cry at night
My burdens are so heavy
I should just give up the fight

But when I stop to think
I know my thoughts have gone astray
Where is my trust in Jesus?
Why have I lost my way?

The world is trying to consume me
Filling my mind with doubt
I have to get back to Jesus
I have to find a route

But in my heart I know
The route is to pray and to repent
Forgive me for my lack of faith
My clothes are torn and rent

I know you are the only way
My tower and my rock
You are always there to guide
As a shepherd to His flock

Help me learn to trust again
To cast my cares on you
You can lift the burdens
Make the heartaches seem like few

A friend I have in Jesus
I'll trust and walk with Him
And I'll always have His comfort
Even when all seems dim

Until next time,
Juliana.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome!!
    Who did you write it for?
    When did you write it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that you liked to write poems.
    Keep it up you are really good!
    ~Jordan~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem Juliana! Who is your friend??
    You have a great talent!

    ReplyDelete