Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. Life is worth the living just because He lives!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Evening's Thoughts...

This evening I decided to take a walk down to the creek. It was getting late but I still had about 45 minutes of sunlight left. A big tree is lodged in the middle of our creek and since the water's low right now I was able climb onto it and sit there for a while. It was quite and peaceful.

I was not there two seconds before I noticed a little animal on the bank. I decided to watch it for a while. But to my horror a few minutes into my watching the little animal just fell over and died. I was in a bit of shock at first but as I looked at the little animal I began thinking.

Life is short.

James 4:14 says "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

We only have a limited amount of time on earth. What are you doing for God with the time He has given you? Are you busy about His work?


Until next time,
Juliana.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That was a shock...I wasn't expecting you to say it died! Great post. My answer is "not enough". Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story is so sad...
    I know I need to make that my goal...

    ReplyDelete