Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. Life is worth the living just because He lives!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Meditation

I've been thinking a lot lately of doubt and disbelief. Before I go on look at the definitions of each word.

Doubt: to be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely; hesitate to believe.

Disbelief: the inability or refusal to believe or to accept something as true.

I suppose what I have been wondering is is it a sin to doubt God or is it only a sin to have disbelief?

Romans 14:23b says "For whatever is not of faith is sin".

From reading that I gather that disbelief is most certaintly a sin. But is doubt? Because doubt isn't disbelieving its only being uncertain. But I don't know that I would say doubt is "of faith" and the verse did say whatever is not "of faith" is sin.

I read an article about doubt on the "Lies Young Women Believe" blog. They made a good point. In the bible when the disciples doubted Jesus, He never became angry with them. Only tried to help them believe. They also used the reference Jude 1:22 which says to show those who doubt mercy.

Thomas the Doubter

I do not have the answers to my Monday Meditation of whether or not doubting is a sin. It is something I'll have to keep studying. But in the meantime I'd love for you to leave your opinions in the comments.

Until next time,
Juliana.

No comments:

Post a Comment