Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. Life is worth the living just because He lives!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Beach Day

Hola Amigos!

Its been a while since I've posted. But today I had a post-worthy day.

We woke up around 8:00 this morning and packed up and headed to Surfside. Oh, and I drove. =) On the way we stopped at Taco Loco and picked up a couple of breakfast Tacos. If you live in the area (or visit frequently) and have never tried a taco from Taco Loco I command you to do so. They are just one of those tiny shacks on the road but there tacos are so good. If you add a little salt they are amazing. Homemade tortillas and salsa!

Any way, back on the road. We stopped at Buc-ees to get some coffee. While we were there we found the most adorable beach dresses. They were the kind that you would wear over a bathing suit. There were Cotton and each one was a different solid color. Each of girls picked out a color and then tried on a floppy hat to match. We loved them!

We got the the beach around 11:00. Almost no one was there. It wasn't very sunny but it was still nice. It was windy but there NO waves. It was so calm. It was amazing. About five minutes after we parked some one in the back seat shouted "Fin!". And believe it or not there were two dolphins swimming right along the shore. They were so close! Like, if I wanted I could have walked out there and touched one. The swam around for a little while and then swam out deeper. It was so amazing. But unfortunately that was before we found the camera batteries... of course.




After we ate our tacos we took a walk down the beach. Jeremy collected a couple of Sand Dollar pieces while I found several bits of sea glass to add to Mom's collection. After a while we packed up and headed to the jetties. Jeremy brought his fishing pole and fished while we walked around the rocks.



It was crazy. I was just walking along when all the sudden a pelican almost landed on my head! Well. He flew right in front of me anyway. And landed on the walkway railing right beside me. Angleica got some good pictures.


After a while he flew off and we kept walking. But after a while he flew back down to us. Actually, he was stopping at every group of people looking for food. Jeremy had some squid he was fishing with so he fed it to the pelican. It was amazing!





Had I seen a sea turtle it would have made my trip perfect. But it was pretty close.


(Photos courtesy of Angelica Moore!)


Until next time,

Juliana.

2 comments:

  1. You know I really miss the beach!!
    I haven't been in so long!
    Not too sunny, sounds really nice!!
    I get burned way to easy.
    That picture of y'all on the beach is really pretty!
    It looks nice and cool!
    That's so cool that he got to feed a pelican!!
    I like the picture of the pelican on the rail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Great pics! Really terrific :)

    ReplyDelete