Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. Life is worth the living just because He lives!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I am officially...


a Moody Garden's Aquarium volunteer. =D

I went to my training last Saturday. It was pretty cool. I got a behind the scene's tour of the whole Moody Garden's property with and exception of the Rain Forrest - its under construction. It was like, taking a trip to Moody Gardens for free. We even were going to get to watch a 4-D imax for free but the lady in charge couldn't find the guy that ran the movie. Too bad. It was Dora and Diego too. Hola!

So starting next month I will be giving at LEAST eight hours of my time per month to... Feeding and cleaning, and caring for penguins! I'm super excited. And after I work 50 hours I get free membership to all Moody Garden's exhibits and can then take any one I want (who's 14 or older) on a behind the scenes tour in my department - which, of course, is the penguin exhibit.

So, I've got the working with dolphins under my belt. Now time to add the penguins. I wonder what will be next...

Until next time,
Juliana.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am amazed!
    That is so cool!
    How close do you get to the penguins?
    What do you feed them?
    What does it look like behind the scene's?
    ~Jordan~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome!!
    So after you've completed 50 hours and you get to take someone what does that someone get to do?!
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take me! Take me!!! =)
    That is Awsome Juliana!
    That sounds really fun! <3
    Sue! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once I work 50 hours I can take anyone 14 or older on a behind the scenes tour.

    Jordan, I think I get to get pretty close. I hear the workers get to teach the penguins how to blow bubbles, paint pictures, etc and I think the volunteers get to help with that too. We just feed them fish. Behind the scenes is a lot of kitchens, walk-in freezers, water pumps, scubar gear rooms, and things like that.

    ReplyDelete