Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. Life is worth the living just because He lives!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What I Learned Today

Of Faith and Wisdom..

If we faithfully follow Jesus He will give us a double portion of His power. If we have this double portion of power our wisdom will multiply. Wisdom is having the knowledge to determine what is true and right.

 Proverbs chapter 8 says “For wisdom is better than rubies, and all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her. I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge and discretion. The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom; I am understanding, I have strength…  Now therefore, listen to me, my children, for blessed are those who keep my ways.  Hear instruction and be wise, and do not disdain it. Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the Lord; but he who sins against me wrongs his own soul.”

In order to have wisdom we must first have faith. Faith is the act of believing with all your heart, mind and soul. Having faith is to know without a doubt God will answer your prayers, help you through, is there for you, etc. It is complete trust. It is not always easy to have complete faith in God. However, there are steps we can take to strengthen our faith.

So says George Muller… “First, read the Bible carefully and thoughtfully. Then you will learn more and more about God’s character – how kind, loving, merciful, wise, and faithful He is. Then when difficulties come you will be able to rest on God’s ability and willingness to help you. Second, try to keep your conscience clear. Don’t make a habit of doing things which are displeasing to God. Otherwise when your faith is test, you will have no confidence in God because of your guilty conscience. Third, don’t try to avoid situations where your faith may be tested. Naturally we don’t like trusting in God alone but it is when we do this that our faith is strengthened. Finally, remember that God won’t test you more than you are able to bear. Be patient, and He will prove to you how willing He is to help and deliver the moment it is good for you”.

Once we learn to put all our faith in Him and completely trust Him so many doors will be opened. One of which is receiving that which is “better than rubies and all the things one may desire” – wisdom.

Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.  Exalt her, and she will promote you; She will bring you honor, when you embrace her. She will place on your head an ornament of grace; A crown of glory she will deliver to you.  Hear, my son, and receive my sayings, and the years of your life will be many. I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble. Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; Keep her, for she is your life.” ~ Proverbs 4:7-13

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog you have here! I really enjoy your posts. You have such a knowledge for the Bible! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You are inspiring so many!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Great post and you write really well! Thanks for the wisdom and encouragement.
    ~Jess~
    P.S Thanks for following my blog! I love your blog

    ReplyDelete